How do I become a Habitat Homeowner?
The 2018 application period is now open. Click on the links below, print out the cover letter and application, then fill it out. Attach all support documents and return it to:
Habitat for Humanity of Laramie County
PO Box 2809
Cheyenne, WY 82003
Applications must be postmarked by May 31, 2017, or you can drop your application off at the ReStore, 1721 Ames Ave., Cheyenne, WY 82001
To qualify for a Habitat for Humanity home, you must meet ALL of Habitat for Humanity's criteria to qualify, including:
Future homeowners must be US citizens or legal residents.
Need for Adequate Housing
You may qualify if you are:
- Currently living in housing which is overcrowded or in poor condition
- Currently paying more than 30% of income for housing and utilities
- Living in subsidized housing (including Section 8 & Housing Authority)
- Fall within the income guidelines as established by HUD.
Ability to Pay
You may qualify if you have:
- Stable income
- Recent history of accepting responsibility for debt
Willingness to Partner
You may qualify if you are willing to:
- Be honest and cooperative with Habitat for Humanity of Laramie County, Inc.
- Fulfill a minumum of 500 "sweat equity" hours
- Promptly make house payments
- Maintain and repair the house after moving in
Williams and Hardy Home Dedication Ceremony:
Thank you to all who came out to help us celebrate strength, stability, and self reliance through shelter!