How do I become a Habitat Homeowner?
The 2018 application period is now closed. Thank you to all who applied. Four families have been chosen to partner with Habitat and will be working on their homes on East 13th St. this summer. Another application period will open in the fall for 2019 home(s).
To qualify for a Habitat for Humanity home, you must meet ALL of Habitat for Humanity's criteria to qualify, including:
Future homeowners must be US citizens or legal residents.
Need for Adequate Housing
You may qualify if you are:
- Currently living in housing which is overcrowded or in poor condition
- Currently paying more than 30% of income for housing and utilities
- Living in subsidized housing (including Section 8 & Housing Authority)
- Fall within the income guidelines as established by HUD.
Ability to Pay
You may qualify if you have:
- Stable income
- Recent history of accepting responsibility for debt
Willingness to Partner
You may qualify if you are willing to:
- Be honest and cooperative with Habitat for Humanity of Laramie County, Inc.
- Fulfill a minimum of 400 "sweat equity" hours
- Promptly make house payments
- Maintain and repair the house after moving in
The Fabulous Family of Five!
Yovanna, Ossiel, Litzy, Kevin & Valerie
2017 Habitat Homeowners
Thank you to all who came out to help us celebrate
strength, stability, and self reliance through shelter!