Every Habitat Affiliate in the country is tasked with helping people with housing in their community. Habitat for Humanity of Laramie County has built homes every year, but now we are serving more families with our Habitat Repairs program. (Formerly A Brush With Kindness). We can now perform repairs inside the home as well as outside. It will help even more Laramie County residents with inadequate or unsafe housing. It expands our affiliate's core building program by preserving existing housing stock.
HFHLCI's Repairs Program can:
- Exterior paint
- Do yard clean-up
- Do concrete work
- Do minor repairs on exterior of home
- Do minor roof repairs
- Build handicap ramps
- Repair walks, porches, handrails and decks
- Repair plumbing leaks
- Repair minor electrical problems
- Install grab bars and ADA plumbing accessories
- Repair or replace windows
- Repair flooring if it poses a hazard
HFHLCI’s Repairs Program will NOT:
- Work on houses that need foundation repair
- Work on homes that are more than two stories
- Put volunteers on roofs
- Will not work on mobile home roofs or interiors (deck, step and porch repairs only)
There are three ways to donate to Habitat Repairs and help people with their home repairs.
1. Put a check in the mail made out to: Habitat Repairs
2. Stop by the ReStore at 1721 Ames Ave. and donate in person.
3. Follow this link to donate electronically: DONATE TO HRP
Habitat Repairs PRogram is a home preservation program and helps low-income homeowners who struggle to maintain their homes. Habitat Repairs also revitalizes neighborhoods and strengthens connections within the community. Just like the building program, a homeowner must be willing to partner with Habitat, meet the income guidelines and pay a small, no-interest fee for participating in the program. You must also own your home, have homeowner's insurance and be up-to-date on your property taxes. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Habitat office at 307-637-8067.
To apply for help through Habitat Repairs, call Pat at 307-637-8067 to schedule a meeting to pick one up. The Habitat Repairs Program is an ongoing program and there is no deadline to apply.