Every Habitat Affiliate in the country is tasked with helping people with housing in their community. Habitat for Humanity of Laramie County has built homes every year, but now we are serving more families with our A Brush With Kindness program. It will help even more Laramie County residents with inadequate or unsafe housing. It expands our affiliate's core building program by preserving existing housing stock.
A Brush With Kindness can:
- Install handicap ramps
- Repair porches, decks, steps
- Make minor repairs to roofs
- Paint the exterior of the home
- Do minor landscaping that improves the safety of the home
- Weatherize doors and windows
There are three ways to donate to A Brush With Kindness and help people with their home repairs.
1. Put a check in the mail made out to: A Brush With Kindness
2. Stop by the ReStore at 1721 Ames Ave. and donate in person.
3. Follow this link to donate electronically: DONATE TO ABWK
A Brush With Kindness is a home preservation program and helps low-income homeowners who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity. A Brush With Kindness also revitalizes neighborhoods and strengthens connections within the community. Just like the building program, a homeowner must be willing to partner with Habitat, meet the income guidelines and pay a small, no-interest fee for participating in the program. You must also own your home, have homeowner's insurance and be up-to-date on your property taxes. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Habitat office at 307-637-8067.
To apply for help through A Brush With Kindness, download and print an application here or come by the ReStore and pick one up. A Brush With Kindness is an ongoing program and there is no deadline to apply.